Excluding images that are part of articles, I’m currently posting my photography in a variety of places:
- Almost everything I’ve published recently ends up somewhere in my gallery site.
- I’m posting a lot of “everyday” type photos and enjoying good discussion around those on Google+.
- I still throw the occasional photo up on Flickr.
- I have a gallery on 500px.
- I’ll post the occasional standalone photo here on AaronHockley.com.
Is more better? Should I consolidate? Things seem…fragmented. When I feel like posting something I go to Lightroom, find an image from my “to publish” collection, and then I’m faced with the decision. Do I drop it onto a publish collection for Google+? For my SmugMug gallery? For Flickr? For my website?
Is the benefit of having my work shown on multiple venues weighed down by the burden of fragmented discussion?
Should I stop thinking about such things and just post photos everywhere in a “spray and pray” technique?