We’re now into December which means it’s time for my monthly look at the bestselling camera & photography items as calculated by the fine folks over at Amazon.com
- Canon PowerShot S95 Digital Camera – Canon’s S95 is one of the most popular compact cameras amongst professional photographers, and it deserves its repeat status on the bestseller list. I have the S90, the previous model, and it’s amazing. Featuring a larger-than-typical image sensor (for a camera of its size) the S95 delivers great image quality even in low light, high-ISO conditions. Couple that with a pocket size and it’s a great option for producing high-quality images on the go.
- Canon PowerShot SX230HS Digital Camera – While I don’t have firsthand experience with this camera, I’m impressed by the 14x optical zoom in a camera at this size and with this price. As of writing, Amazon has this camera for nearly half off of the list price, making it a great deal on a camera that will provide decent images and fit into a purse or pocket.
- Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens – Canon’s T2i is their previous-generation Digital Rebel, and although it doesn’t offer quite as many features on paper as the T3i a bit farther down this list, it’s still a very capable camera.
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera – Canon’s ELPH series of compact digital cameras has been around for several years and this one has been on the bestseller list for a few months now. Aimed at the mid- to lower range of point-and-shoot customers, you’ll be pleased to see this one dropped about $30 in the last 30 days.
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W530 Digital Still Camera (Silver) – Not bad for under $100. While it doesn’t have bells, whistles, or great low light performance, it does have an okay lens.
- Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70 AZ Refractor Telescope – Apparently telescopes fall into Amazon’s camera & photo category, and this one must be really popular. Alas, I have no real insight.
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W530 Digital Still Camera (Pink) – same camera as #5 on this month’s list, except this one is pink!
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens – Canon’s Digital Rebel series has been popular as an entry-level camera for quite a while, and the T3i continues to offer an incredible amount of both photo and video features at a very reasonable price. I can definitely recommend the T3i kit for someone wanting to get into photography in a serious way.
- Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle (Includes Floating Wrist Strap, 4GB Memory Card, and Camera Case) – a really cheap bundle package for someone interested in recording digital video in a wet environment. Although this is a relatively low-end camera, this bundle deal would be awesome for someone who was going into a tough environment (winter sports, anyone?) and wanted to create some video without too much worry of what might happen if the gear were to be damaged.
- Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera – Kodak’s realm in the digital photography world recently has been with cameras for the budget-concious, and the C123 fits into this mold with a sub-$70 price point. The fun-colored unit offers 12 megapixels and is waterproof to 10 feet under.
If you use the links above and end up purchasing through Amazon, a small commission will be returned to me that helps fund the operation of this site. Thanks for your support!