A bit of productivity porn this morning: here’s how to create a new OmniFocus Inbox task from the current page in Google Chrome. I use Alfred as my launcher, this could be adapted for other systems.
- Open the Alfred Preferences, go to the Extensions area, and click AppleScript:
- Give the Extension a name (I called mine OmniURL). I also added the information for the person who authored the AppleScript that will be used. Click Create.
- Add a title (I used OmniURL again), optionally add a description, give it a keyword (this is what you’ll type to activate it from Alfred), and be sure the Background box is checked.
- In the AppleScript box, copy and paste this AppleScript from github user rfbrazier into the box.
- Click Save and close the Alfred Preferences.
Next time you’re on a web page in Chrome and want to create a related OmniFocus task, just invoke the OmniURL item from Alfred (you could also set a hotkey). A new item will be created in your OmniFocus inbox with the page’s title as the item text and the URL in the notes field.