It’s the first week of the month which means it’s time for my monthly look at the bestselling camera & photography items as calculated by the fine folks over at Amazon.com
- Kodak Mini Video Camera – I don’t know a lot about this product but damn, it’s cheap. And tiny. The dimensions are roughly those of a credit card (width/height), so this little camera will easily fit into a pants pocket or purse. It’s an ultra-thin lightweight device designed for portability. There’s a pop-out USB arm to move photos to your PC or Mac. Can you go wrong for less than $40?
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera – Canon’s ELPH series of compact digital cameras has been around for several years and this little guy is a ncie addition to the lineup. Aimed at the mid- to lower range of point-and-shoot customers, this will give a decent photo for under $180.
- Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens – Last month’s best-seller, Nikon’s current entry-level DSLR is a great unit at a great price. For those just getting into photography with a DSLR it’s not a bad camera to start with, although one drawback is the lack of an autofocus motor in the body (which means that you’ll need lenses with autofocus motors) but other than that I can recommend this unit for someone getting started with photography.
- Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 (Red) – Kodak’s realm in the digital photography world recently has been with cameras for the budget-concious, and the C123 fits into this mold with a sub-$80 price point. The fun-colored unit offers 12 megapixels and is waterproof to 10 feet under.
- Flip UltraHD Video Camera – Black – months after being discontinued, the Flip UltraHD continues to be a bestseller due to its great quality, durability, and ease of use. I have one of these units and it works great. Recommended!
- GoPro Camera HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition CHDOH-002 – The GoPro camera came onto the scene several months ago and quickly became popular due to the variety of options for mounting the unit using suction cups and other creative measures. Get the GoPro and go wild.
- ContourHD 1080p Helmet Camera – it’s kind of like the GoPro, except not quite as crazy and with more limited options for mounting. That said, it’s also less than half the price, and there’s something about not going broke that’s attractive to folks.
- Canon PowerShot S95 10 MP Digital Camera – Canon’s S95 is one of the most popular compact cameras amongst professional photographers, and it deserves its repeat status on the bestseller list. A larger-than-typical image sensor (for a camera of its size) means great image quality even in low light, high-ISO conditions. Couple that with a pocket size and it’s a great option for producing high-quality images on the go.
- Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens – veering away from traditional photography/videography circles, this networked video camera made the bestseller list. If you’re looking for home security, home automation, or related imagery, check this out.
- Panasonic DMC-FH25K 16.1MP Digital Camera – This is a great compact camera from Panasonic, aimed for the lower end of the market but delivering great image quality.
If you use the links above and end up purchasing through Amazon, a small commission will be returned to me that helps fund the operation of this site. Thanks for your support!