A few resources that I mentioned during my talk today at WordCamp Seattle about my writing workflow. Once the video of my talk is online at WordPress.tv, I’ll share that as well so you can have the complete picture.
Roughly in the order they should’ve been mentioned during my talk:
- Field Notes – notebooks that I carry everywhere for idea capture
- OmniFocus – task management application based on David Allen’s Getting Things Done priciples.
- Evernote – note taking and capture application
- Dropbox – easily synchronize your plain text drafts (or anything) between computers, smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
- Markdown – markup language for easy writing for the web
- Markdown Field Guide – iBook by David Sparks and Eddie Smith with a huge quantity of information about learning Markdown including a bunch of audio interviews and screencasts
- Byword – Mac, iPhone, iPad text editor with excellent Markdown support
- MarkdownPad – Windows text editor for Markdown
- Markdown QuickTags – WordPress plugin for editing Markdown in the WordPress post editor
- Publish Confirmation Plugin – WordPress plugin to ask you if you’re really sure you wanted to mash that Publish button
- Editorial Calendar – WordPress plugin for a, um, editorial calendar
- Dashboard Scheduled Posts – WordPress plugins to show scheduled posts in a widget on the WordPress admin dashboard
- Sprout Social. – Social media management system that, among other things, allows for queued and scheduled social media updates
Feel free to comment with any questions. A couple of the links above are affilate links and I’ll get a tiny commission if you buy something.