A fun event this evening… Caps N’ Taps hosted a beer and Girl Scout cookie pairing event.
Folks had six beers (good ones!) paired with six Girl Scout cookies. Here were the offerings, in the order I had them:
- Sunriver Brewing’s S.U.P. Summer Ale paired with Savannah Smiles. Worked well. The lemon cookie brought out the lemon in the golden ale. Excellent.
- Cascade Brewing’s Strawberry (2014) paired with Trefoils. An excellent fruity sour that went well with the shortbread cookie. Fruit and cake. Boom.
- Samuel Smith’s Chocolate Stout paired with Do Si Dos. Amazing. Very chocolatey stout went well with the peanut butter cookie. Chocolate and peanut butter. Who knew?
- Grixen Brewing’s Chocolate Brown paired with Tagalongs. I wasn’t a big fan of this beer… while I saw others noting dark chocolate, my palate could only taste what I would describe as a burnt taste. It was okay with the peanut butter and chocolate cookie, but not a beer I’d order again.
- Caldera Brewing’s Kihei Snow paired with Samoas. A nice coffee stout complemented the caramel and coconut in the Samoa.
- Epic Brewing’s Big Bad Baptist (Release #62) paired with Thin Mints. I’m a fan of the beer… big and boozy, overwhelmed the cookie although the mint stood out.
All in all, a great event, and the standing-room-only crowd seemed to be in agreement.